What kinds of things should I post on social media for my business?
Social media is big news for businesses who want to prove themselves a company hip to modern times. Websites like Instagram and Facebook get millions of visitors each and every day, and those visitors have come looking to interact and learn more about their favorite brands and local businesses. Your presence on these sites with regular updates and help you grow your audience and customer base while helping spread the word about who you are and what you offer. It is easy to set up a social media account, at no charge, with all of the major social networking sites. If you’ve not already, now is the time to create your account and get started.
Some of the best things that you can add to your social media site to make it more attractive to the customers:
- Information about the products and services that you offer. This can be anything from articles to reviews and blog posts and photos.
- Fun stuff for the visitor. Whether it is a game or a meme, the visitor has a sense of humor, too, and seeing that ‘other side’ of your business can certainly add people to your list of fans.
- Photos say a thousand words, so make sure that there are plenty of your pages and posts. Whether it is an item that you sell and want to promote or a profile of one of your reps make sure to draw in attention with a photo.
- Contests are fun for everyone. Offer a prize and create buzz about your brand.
- Sneak Peeks at what is to come at your business. There are many different ways that you can offer a peak at what is coming, and customers love to be the first to know!
Also, a few things to remember when creating posts for your business:
- This isn’t your personal dairy, so do not treat it like one. Keep things strictly business, and strictly professional.
- Don’t make your posts to technical or difficult to understand, and certainly do not always be ready to push a sale with your post.
- Create posts that are interesting and engaging to the reader. You should also create posts that require interaction. Respond to posts, even if it is negative information. You want to create a good image for your brand, and that means appropriately handling criticism.